Service Learning Support
Academic service learning intrinsically combines academic learning with meaningful service with the community and purposeful civic learning. During the service-learning experience, students will:
- Earn college credit while giving service to the community.
- Learn new skills through hands-on learning.
- Gain critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Network (interact with others to develop professional or social contacts).
- Explore careers through shadowing experiences.
- Strengthen resume and scholarship applications.
- Make a difference in the community by sharing talents and skills.
- Clarify personal values and dedication to chosen degree program.
- Develop socially and personally.
- Interact with increased respect and inclusion, with people in the community from different backgrounds.
Note: If you are interested in volunteering with any of the community partners after completing A&SC 111, please contact the Center for Engagement at (406) 657-2387 or firstname.lastname@example.org