Online Application

International Student Application

Readmission To Graduate Studies

*Please note that some graduate programs (e.g. Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, Applied Behavior Analysis) often go into waitlist status, where students are accepted for deferred enrollment. Contact us or check the program page under Degrees and Programs for more information. For individuals seeking a Class 5 provisional teaching license, we process applications through the first week of each term.

**Please note that only students who have earned grades in an MSUB graduate program use the readmission form. 


For full admission into any graduate program, we require official transcripts from ALL previous institutions attended, with the exception of MSU campuses (Montana State University, Montana State University Billings, Montana State University Northern, and Great Falls College Montana State University). 

Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institution in order to be considered official.  Please have these ordered to be sent either electronically to (preferred) or mailed to the address below:

Montana State University Billings, Attn: Graduate Studies, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101

Supplemental Documents

Application Requirements by Program

Frequently Asked Questions

Generally, we use a rolling admission system, meaning that we accept new students until a) the program reaches capacity or b) a month before the semester starts, but please note the following:

  • We accept applications from teachers seeking an additional endorsement or a class 5 provisional teaching license until the last day to add classes each term.
  • Some programs may go into wait-list status and have a priority deadline; for School Counseling and the Applied Behavior Analysis fall cohorts, we recommend having your application submitted by the second Monday in April.

No.  Only returning MSUB graduate students complete the readmission form - everyone else should fill out the First-Time Admission to Graduate Study online application (or international student application).

No.  While we can use unofficial transcripts and/or your transcript of degree for application review and provisional admission, we require official transcripts from all previous institutions attended for full admission into any of our graduate programs.  MSU campuses (Montana State University, Montana State University Billings, Montana State University Northern, and Great Falls College Montana State University) are the only exception, as we have access to these records.

Along with your application and official transcripts, you may need to submit supplemental materials.  View the admission requirements by program to determine what items you need.

Once your application is complete (including all required supplemental materials), we will send your application to the program department for review.  A decision is typically made within 1-2 weeks, at which time our office will contact you via email and with a letter in the mail.

Graduate Admission Policies

Request Program Information