MSU Billings Office of International Studies extends invitation to the Billings community
Neil S. Beyer, 406-657-1762
University Relations, 657-2266
MSU BILLINGS NEWS SERVICES — The Office of International Studies (OIS) at MSUB would like to extend an invitation to participate in the Billings Friendship Families (BFF) program. BFF is a cross-cultural exchange program designed to encourage friendships between our international students and the local Billings community and to facilitate the exchange of ideas and culture. MSUB faculty and staff as well as Billings community members, who wish to befriend an international student are invited to participate.
BFF members are encouraged to offer the following minimal support to international students:
- Airport pickup (new students only, coordinated by OIS)
- Shopping (pre-semester shopping trip for necessities—new students only)
- Welcome dinner at BFF member’s home or restaurant (Wednesday, Aug. 30th or when available )
- BFF community social (date to be determined)
- Invitation to holidays, family events, outings or short trips
If you are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org answers to the following questions. We will use your answers to pair you with a student.
- Do you have previous experience with the BFF program?
- Can you commit to providing the above suggested or similar support to your Friendship Student?
- What members of your family might your international student meet and be involved with?
- Do you have pets? What kind?
- Field of work?
- International Experience/Hobbies/Community Activities?
- Male or Female Friendship student?
- Preferred geographic area of Friendship Student?
- Would you be willing to be-friend two or more students?
Thank you for participating in BFF! Direct additional questions to the MSUB Office of International Studies:
email@example.com 406-657-1705 15OO University Dr., McDonald Hall Room 150, Billings, MT 59101.