How to Connect
There are two methods for connecting to the MSUB Remote Computer Lab (RCL). The first and preferred option is to install the VMware Horizon Client software. The second is to connect through a web browser. The web browser connection doesn't require software but has more limited functionality. Where possible, please install the software. Use the steps below to connect to the RCL using your preferred method.
VMware Horizon Client Software (Preferred)
1) Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and enter the web address remotelab.msubillings.edu.
2) Click the Install VMware Horizon Client link to download the software needed to connect.
3) Once finished downloading, run and install the software by clicking the Agree & Install button. Then restart your computer when asked.
4) Double click the VMware Horizon Client shortcut on your desktop.
5) Click the New Server button or double click the Add Server button.
6) Enter https://remotelab.msubillings.edu into the text box and click Connect.
7) Enter your NetID and password and click the Login button.
8) The Remote Computer Lab is now available.
9) Double click the Remote Computer Lab icon to log into a RCL computer. Allow the desktop to fully load before opening applications.
| Return Home |
VMware Horizon HTML Access
If you'd prefer to connect without installing software, you can connect via a web browser. Note: There is limited functionality when using the web browser to connect and installing the software is the preferred method.
1) Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) and enter the web address remotelab.msubillings.edu.
2) Click the VMware Horizon HTML Access link.
3) Enter your NetID and password and click the Login button.
4) Click on the Remote Computer Lab icon to connect to a RCL computer.
5) The computer will then load in the web browser. Allow the desktop to fully load before opening applications.
| Return Home |