The Webex Board is an all-in-one device for team collaboration. With the Webex Board, you can wirelessly present, whiteboard, view files, and place video or audio calls. Using the Webex Teams app, you can connect to your team and the Webex Board from outside the physical room through the devices of your choice.
Webex Board Locations
Library 312 (University Campus)
Seating capacity: 8
Rimrock Hall Lounge - Interactive Classwork (University Campus)
Seating capacity: 28
Contact Housing and Residence Life to reserve this room.
Connecting to a Webex Board
- Before connecting to the Webex Board, you will need to have the Teams app installed
on your device.
- Your device should automatically connect to the board, which you can verify by checking
your connections in the lower-left corner of the Teams app.
- If your device does not connect automatically, check your connection settings by clicking
on My profile and settings, then Devices.
Make sure that Use Ultrasound and Auto Connect are turned on.
You can also check the connection settings for individual boards by clicking on the device name in the lower-left corner of the Teams app. Automatically connect should be turned on.
- You can manually connect to the board by clicking on Device Available in the lower-left corner, and then clicking Connect.
On the desktop app, you can also search for a board by clicking Connect to a device in the lower-left corner, and then Search for a device.
- You can also connect to the board via HDMI cable. The HDMI port is located underneath the middle of the board (directly below the Home button).
Opening a Space
To save content from a Webex Board, the board needs to first be added to a Webex Teams
- Once you have connected your device to the Webex Board, click on Open a Space.
- Search for or click on the space that you wish to open.
You can also create a new space specifically for use with the Webex Board by clicking on the add button.
- Once you have connected your device to the Webex Board, click on Share Screen.
- Select Webex Teams, turn your microphone on or off, and Start Broadcast.
From here, everything on your screen (including notifications) will be shared and projected onto the board.
- When you are ready to stop sharing your screen, click on the red Screen Broadcasting button in the top-right corner, then Stop.
When making a Webex Teams Call on the Webex Board, a few new options are added. Review more general information on Video Calls.
When hosting a Teams Call on the Webex Board, you can switch between the board and
your device by clicking on the Move Call option.
When ending the call, you have a choice to end the call on a) your device only or
b) your device and the Webex Board.