Student Organization Travel
- If your student organization is taking any trip outside the city limits a Group Travel Authorization Form must be completed and turned into the Student Union & University Events Office. This form is necessary to inform the University where you are traveling, who is traveling, and how you can be reached in case of an emergency.
- If your student group plans to spend money on this trip (i.e. meals and gas), please visit the Student Union & University Events Office so that these can arranged in advance if time allows. If a staff or faculty member is traveling with the student group, they may use a purchasing card for all purchases related to the trip, which can later be billed to the student group's account. All original receipts must be submitted at the end of the trip.
- Travel reimbursements are another travel financing option. Travel reimbursement forms are located in the Student Union & University Events Office. The travel reimbursement process occurs after the completion of the trip. Organization members keep all original receipts and are reimbursed for their expenses by completing an Expense Voucher Form.
- The University has arrangements with a number of car/van rental companies. If you would like more information on how to rent vehicles for a trip your organization is planning, please inquire at the Student Union & University Events Office.
- It is against University Policy to rent 15 passenger vans. Driving vans of this size increases safety concerns, we can assist you in making arrangements for smaller vehicles.
- Student drivers should be informed that if they choose to drive their own cars for a University-sponsored activity, an accident would not be covered by State insurance. We do not encourage using students as drivers for off-campus activities, but if there are no employees available the State insurance will cover students when driving a State car.
- It is recommended that participants in off-campus activities should sign a general assumption of risk form. Even though this agreement may not prevent the University from being found negligent, we will at least be cautioning the participants of potential danger so that they will maintain personal responsibility. For examples of hold harmless agreements, please contact the Student Union and University Events Office.