STEP by STEP: Password Reset Utility
The first time you log into your account, you will need to change your password. If the password is not changed, you will be unable to log into your email or D2L.
There are two options to change your password:
1) Come either to the university or City College campus and sit down at a computer. Log into the computer with your NetID and password provided. The password change process will automatically begin after logging in. Follow the screen prompts to change your password.
2) You can change you password online using the Password Reset Utility. To reset your password, you will need go to http://password.msubillings.edu/ and know your MyInfo PIN. If you do not know your MyInfo PIN, refer to the section below entitled Forgot My MyInfo PIN.
At the Password Reset Utility you will see the following screen:
Enter your last name, your student ID number with the dash, and your MyInfo PIN and click the Sign in button.
You will then be taken to this page:
Leave the box checked and enter your new password following the rules listed at the top of the page:
After you have entered and re-entered your new password, click Submit and your password will be changed. Please close your web browser and then reopen before trying your new NetID password. It may take a few minutes for the new password to register in all the campus systems. If you have any more questions, please call the IT Student Helpdesk at (406) 247-5755.
Forgot My MyInfo PIN
If you have forgotten your MyInfo PIN, follow these steps to reset it:
1) Go to https://atlas.montana.edu:9003
2) Click the Enter Secure Area link.
3) If this is the first time you have accessed the MyInfo site, enter your GID number and your birthday. Then follow the screen prompts to change your PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN, type your GID number and then the Forgot PIN? button and follow the screen prompts.
If you'd like further assistance, place contact the Registrar's Office at (406) 657-2158 during normal business hours.