Infrastructure and Services
What is TechSmith Relay?
Techsmith Relay can capture what's on your computer screen and camera to create captioned presentations. The video produced is HD, and you will be emailed a link to it when it's completed.
Getting an Account
Only faculty and staff can get a Techsmith account to upload presentations. To get an account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your account is created, you can use your Net ID to log in to the Techsmith website at https://camtasia.msubillings.edu/relay.
I need help with...
Recording and Submitting
- If you are satisfied with the test, click "rec" to begin recording.
- A countdown from three will appear, the recording will begin, and the recording controls will display.
- You can pause and resume using the pause button. If you are done with the recording press the stop button on the right.
- When the recording is complete, you can press the play button near the middle to review it.
- If needed, click the "Trimming" button trim off extra time near the beginning or end.
- You can use the left trim marker button to set the beginning of the recording and the right marker for the end. It will place the marker at the exact point you are while playing back the recording. The red segments will be trimmed off of the final presentation.
- Click Submit to upload your video to Techsmith for processing.
- To check the status of your presentation, log in to the Techsmith site, go to Presentations and click Presentation list.
- The Status column on the right shows each processing step. When all tasks show "Processed" Techsmith will send your video link to your MSUB email.
- If you chose the Captioned profile, you may receive a email that shows it is "held for captioning". The link will take you to review and/or edit the captions. Read more about captioning here.