Leadership Recognition Program honors students, staff and administration at annual dinner
April 16, 2014
Carmen Price, University Relations, 657-2243
Montana State University Billings honored students, staff and administration Tuesday evening during the annual Leadership Recognition Program awards banquet held at the Billings Depot.
MSU BILLINGS NEWS SERVICES — Awards were given to people who have exemplified outstanding academic and service leadership at MSU Billings.
“These recipients have demonstrated their dedication to MSU Billings through leadership and involvement on campus and in the community,” Kristen Peterman, Student Union Building interim director and the event’s organizer, said.
Korilynn Kessler was named Outstanding President of the Year for her work with Sigma Tau Delta—an international English honor society whose purpose is to promote the study and enjoyment of English literature, language and writing.
Senior Leadership awards were given to Lewis Polkow and Kylie Downs.
Health Educators Reaching Others & Encouraging Success (HEROES) swept several awards including the Outstanding Organization and Outstanding Leadership and Programming. The group’s advisor, Triniti Halverson, won the Outstanding Advisor award and member Damara Ankrum was named Outstanding Member of an organization.
The International Club and its members also received several awards including the Outstanding Cultural Organization award and Outstanding Member of an Organization, of which Craig Nelstead was named. Abdulrahman Albakar was named the 2014 International Student Leader.
The Athletic Leadership awards went to Mary Owen and Kavindu Gamage.
Paige Moxley, Shanna Seibel and Kalen Hance were all named Emerging Student Leaders.
Student leaders also recognized Chancellor Groseth and his wife Jaynee for their dedication to MSU Billings students.
Donning a tuque given to him by his first group of student leaders in 1977, Groseth reminded students that their impact on MSUB and the community will last forever.
Other 2014 Leadership Recognition Award recipients are:
- Amy Bieber, Outstanding Student Volunteer
- Kell Garrison, Student Employee Leadership with Student Union
- Baily Osterberg, Student Employee Leadership with Recreational Activities
- Andrew Merical, Ryan Reddick and Carissa Sorenson, Outstanding Residential Leaders
- Kaja Anderson and Angelica Johnson, Striving for Excellence in Leadership While Caring for One’s Family
- Erin Robinson, Peer Educator
- Steve Johnson, Unsung Hero
- Accounting Club, Outstanding Academic Organization
- MSUB Dance Club, Outstanding Special Interest Organization
- Student Union Haunted House, Outstanding Organization Program or Event
- Student United Way at the HUB, Outstanding Organization Service Project
PHOTOS ABOVE: 2014 Leadership Recognition Program Awards Dinner held at the Billings Depot