- Crisis team number: 406-259-8800 (Community Crisis Center)
- MSUB Student Health Services M-F 8:00-5:00; 406-657-2153
- Local mental health agency number: 406-252-5658 (Mental Health Center)
- Local hospital number: 406-657-4150 (Billings Clinic Emergency Dept.)
- Highway patrol number: 800-525-5555
- Crisis number for families: 406-200-0559
- NAMI State Organization number: 406-443-7871 (NAMI Montana)
- State Department of Mental Health number: 406-444-3964 (DPHHS Mental Health Division)
If you or someone else is in danger and require immediate assistance please call 911.
- Community Crisis Center (open 24-hours): 406-259-8800, 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Native Indian Crisis Association: 406-338-7922
- Montana Toll Free Child Abuse Hotline: 1-866-820-KIDS (5437)
- Montana Elder Abuse Helpline (not a 24-hour number): 1-800-551-3191
- Montana Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- National Crisis Text Line: 741741
- Local Numbers:
- Billings: 406-655-7640
- Columbus: 406-322-4821
- Hardin: 406-655-8753
- Red Lodge: 406-446-4692
Tumbleweed Runaway and Family Crisis Program: 406-259-2558 (local) 1-888-816-4702 (toll free)
QPR (Question, Persuade, and Refer) Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention is a 1-2 hour educational program designed to teach lay and professional “gatekeepers” the warning signs of suicide and how to respond.
Kognito At-Risk is a 45-minute, web-based training simulation module to train faculty, staff and students in recognizing signs of mental health issues, distress, and suicide, as well as how to communicate with and refer at-risk students. You can access the module from home or the office, and complete the training at your convenience. Click here for instructions. Go to: www.kognitocampus.com/login.
Access code for faculty and staff: msubillings
Access code for students: msubillstudent
Contact Student Health Services at (406) 657-2153 to learn more about incentives to complete this program prior to 7/31/18.