Who is eligible?
- Student must be enrolled in a 4 year degree program at the MSUB university campus or enrolled in the 2+2 program at City College
- Student must also be a U.S. Citizen or be eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
- Student must meet at least one of the followingthree criteria:
- Pell-eligible (according to Federal Government guidelines based on taxable income)
- First generation college students (meaning that neither parent has a 4 year bachelor's degree)
- Documented disability as identified by the ADA
- Student must show show ability to benefit from services
What is the SSS TRIO Application Process?
- Students must fill out an application. Please get your applications in by the deadline as space is limited to 258 participants. Any student may be accepted into SSS TRIO, regardless of age or year in school.
- Once a complete application is received and program eligibility is determined, the student will be contacted to schedule an interview. Each eligible student must provide proof of income and documentation of disability at the time of his or her intake interview. If documents are not available, the interview will be rescheduled. Also, each eligible student must bring along their U-Card.
- After the interview, the student will be notified about their acceptance status into the program via acceptance letter or email. If accepted, the student will be assigned a mentor team and can begin to utilize any of the services SSS TRIO provides.
- Students who do not meet program participation expectations will be exited from the program.