Edit a file within Box
Box Edit is an add-on that allows you to edit and create files directly from within Box. Designed for all file types, browsers, and platforms, Box Edit uses the default applications installed on your computer to edit or create Microsoft Office documents.
This feature is accessed by the "Open with…" option from the Box web interface and selecting the appropriate program or by clicking the Open with button in the preview view.
Note: When using the "Open with…" option in the web interface and selecting Office installed on your computer, a prompt to lock the file will be displayed as the file is being opened in the desktop program. This feature prevents other users from editing it while it is open in the desktop application.
Installing Box Edit for Windows
- Via web browser, go to https://www.box.com/box-for-devices/
- Scroll down to "Box Edit for Windows" and click "Download".
3. Click "Run" if available or otherwise click "Save" and then open the file.
4. When the Setup Wizard open, click "Next".
5. On the following screen, click "Install".
6. Click "Finish" to complete the installation.
Installing Box Edit for Mac
- Go to https://www.box.com/box-for-devices/
- Scroll down to "Box Edit for Mac" and click "Download".
3. To locate the saved file, you can click "Show Downloads" and then the "Locate in
4. Open "BoxEditInstaller.dmg" in its folder, then double-click the Box Edit logo
to start the installation.
5. Click the "Open" button if a warning prompt is displayed.
6. Click "Install".
7. When the installation is complete, it will show a confirmation window, click "OK".
| Back to Box Home |