Transfer University Student
YOUR SEAMLESS TRANSFER TO MSUB +
We make it easy for you to transfer to MSU Billings, click HERE for your step-by-step guide.
GENERAL ADMISSION INFORMATION +
ARE YOU CONSIDERED A TRANSFER STUDENT?
Applicants who have earned 12 or more semester credits at another accredited college
or university are considered transfer students. Montana resident applicants must be
in good academic standing and will be admitted upon receipt of official transcript(s)
from each institution previously attended. Out-of-state residents must be in good
academic standing with a 2.00 grade point average or higher to be admitted.
*An evaluation of your transfer credits will be completed after you apply for admission
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
ALL PREVIOUS COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS
If you are a transfer student, request official, complete transcripts from all previous institutions to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions & Records. An evaluation of your transfer credits will be completed after you apply for admission.
If you are a former MSUB or EMC student, please click here.
If you are transferring credits from a MUS institution use this step-by-step guide.
If you were born after December 31, 1956, submit proof of immunization that was administered after December 31, 1968. The immunization dates must also be after your first birthday. Requirements include proof of two (2) doses of immunization against Measles (Rubeola) and Rubella (German Measles) given at least 30 days apart. Include month/day/year. The record must be signed by a physician, health agency, or school official.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS +
MONTANA RESIDENT ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
As a resident transfer student applicant, you must be in good standing at your previous institution and eligible to continue or return to that institution.
OUT OF STATE ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
A non-Montana resident transfer student must be in good standing and have at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average for all college level work to be admitted.
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION DATES +
MSU Billings has rolling admission, this means prospective students may apply at any time. However, we recommend you apply as soon as possible keeping in mind scholarship and financial aid priority deadlines. See enrollment checklist below.
ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST +
STEP 1 - VISIT MSU BILLINGS
▪ Attend MSUB Preview and be a Yellowjacket for a day, meeting MSUB faculty, exploring different departments on campus, sample a college class, and take a guided tour through campus
STEP 2 - APPLY FOR ADMISSION
(406) 657-2888 / 1-800-656-MSUB ext. 2888
It is important for transfer applicants to submit their transcripts as soon as possible after applying, so an advisor can complete an evaluation.
▪ $30 application fee
▪ Immunization records
▪ Previous college transcripts and high school transcripts if you attempted less than 12 college credits
▪ As soon as possible after October 1st, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. MSU Billings FAFSA code is 002530. The priority deadline for the FAFSA is December 1st.
▪ Accept your Financial Aid award within 30 days of being awarded in your MyInfo account, under the Financial Aid tab, in your My Award Information
▪ Apply for Scholarships at www.msubillings.edu/scholarships. Priority is given to students who apply by February 1st.
STEP 4 - APPLY FOR STUDENT HOUSING
▪ Housing Applications are submitted online www.msubillings.edu/reslife/
▪ Application opens on December 1st with a priority given to student who apply by May 1st
▪ We require first-time students who have less than 30 credits to live on campus
* There are certain exemptions for living on campus. Click here for more details.
STEP 5 - ORIENTATION AND REGISTRATION
▪ Find the Orientation Session that fits your needs.
▪ Orientation includes class registration, getting your U-card, and familiarizing yourself with campus
▪ Once you have registered for classes, confirm attendance and arrange your payment for tuition in MyInfo by the 3rd day of the semester