Future Students

Students Who Are Out of High School Three Years or More


Admission Requirements


First-Time Students Who Graduated From High School More than Three Years Ago, applying to:

  • The College of Allied Health Professions
  • The College of Arts and Sciences
  • The College of Business
  • The College of Education

If you are a first-time college student or have attempted fewer than 12 college-level credits, and you have graduated from high school more than three years ago, you must have graduated from an accredited high school.


First-Time Students Applying to City College at MSU Billings


A high school diploma from an accredited high school, a GED, or the ACT COMPASS is required of all students to be admitted. Some programs have special entry requirements; contact City College at MSU Billings for this information at (406) 247-3000.


Non-Degree Seeking Students


An applicant who wishes to pursue studies for personal growth and who does not wish to work toward a formal degree at Montana State University-Billings may apply as a non-degree student. Acceptance into this category does not constitute acceptance into a degree-granting program. All applicants should have sufficient educational background to qualify for the course or courses in which enrollment is sought and must certify on the application form that they have graduated from high school or have passed the General Education Development Test (GED). A maximum of 32 semester hour credits earned as a non-degree student may be applied to an undergraduate degree at Montana State University-Billings if the applicant applies and is accepted into a degree program. Financial aid is not available to students in this category, nor may they qualify for the Western Undergraduate Exchange program. This category is not open to students currently on academic suspension from Montana State University Billings or on academic suspension from any other college or university. No academic credentials or transcripts are required in support of the application; however, non-degree students who later wish to change to a degree program must furnish required supporting credentials and must meet all the regular admission requirements.