Our Mission
About Our Programs
Our Staff
Our Staff
MSUB Extended Campus - Connecting gthe campus to the community

Conference and Special Event Services - Start Here
Individualized Services
Event Planning Guide
Campus Facilities
Catering Services
Frequently Asked Questions

Briane Kruckenberg
Business & Program Developer
214 N. Broadway
Billings, MT 59101
406.896.5888 or 406.896.5890

Frequently Asked Questions

(click on question to view answers)

Where do I park for an event at MSU Billings?

Main Campus– The MSU Billings Parking Garage offers ample parking for those utilizing campus facilities.  We will provide parking permits for attendees to park in the garage. 

City College– Attendees may utilize the student parking with a valid permit.  We will provide permits.
Visitor parking is also available for a fee of $.50/hour.  Payment must be rendered prior to parking.  These areas are denoted by a blue Visitor Parking sign.
Downtown– For information on parking downtown, please follow this link: http://downtownbillings.com/parking/ 

What is the Conference and Special Events Service’s refund cancellation policy?

To qualify for a refund, enrollments MUST be cancelled five business days in  advance of the start of the course. To cancel a registration, attendees must call the MSUB Extended Campus Office at 406-896-5890. Attendees who do not cancel an enrollment five full business days in advance of the start date will be held responsible for full payment of applicable fees.

What is the insurance policy for hosting an event on campus?

Groups using MSU Billings Facilities are required to have liability insurance with limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate throughout the duration of facility use and shall name Montana State University Billings as additional insured. Groups must present a certificate of insurance within 14 calendar days of their scheduled event.

What if I just want to reserve a space on campus or downtown and do not need additional services?

Please contact Conference and Special Event Services at 406.896.5888, and we will be happy to assist you with your reservations.

What if just want to use campus catering and do not need event registrations?

Please contact Conference and Special Event Services at 406.896.5888, and we will be happy to connect you to our catering services.

Is Alcohol allowed at my event?

Alcohol may be permitted for use at your event with prior approval. Additional fees may be assessed. The catering department is not licensed by the State of Montana to sell alcohol. It is the responsibility of the event sponsor or host organization to obtain a University Alcohol Approval Form, in advance, whenever alcohol will be present. The form may be obtained at the MSUB Extended Campus Office located at 112 N. Broadway or by calling 406.896-5890. A copy of the approved permit must be given to the Conference and Special Event Services three business days prior to the event. In some cases, a Special Permit to Sell Beer/Wine must be completed and submitted to the Montana Department of Revenue, an outside vendor licensed to sell alcohol in the State of Montana and with a catering endorsement may have to be used, or proof of liability insurance may be required. In all cases, the event sponsor should refer to the Montana State University Billings Alcohol Policy to insurance compliance with state law, Board of Regents policy, and MSU Billings policy.

Any leftover alcohol must be picked up from the catering office within 24 hours after the event. If you need to drop of f or pick up alcohol at any other time (including immediately before or after the event), please contact inform Conference and Special Event Services to make arrangements with Catering Services.

Under Montana State Law, only those 21 years of age and over may legally consume alcoholic beverages. State laws and campus policies will be enforced at all times. The catering department reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings | webmaster@msubillings.edu