M 305 Discrete Structures I
Prerequisite: M 172 and CSCI 111A
Covers logic, recursion, induction and basic data models. Surveys combinatorics and the theory of algorithms with attention to design analysis and verification techniques.
- Understand logical system, algorithm.
- Understand how to prove/disprove mathematical properties, computer programs, and their differences.
- Understand sets, their relations, properties.
- Understand whole number system, its properties, permutations, and r-permutations.
- Understand polynomials, equations and matrices
- Understand how to construct the integer system.