CSCI 111A Programming with Java I
Prerequisite: M 095
Introduces programming in Java. Presents algorithms and problem solving, data structures in Java, searching and sorting, procedures and functions, and elements of program life cycle.
- Be able to design and implement programs that are up to a few hundred lines long using Java.
- Understand and be able to use fundamental programming constructs such as sequencing, decisions and iteration.
- Understand and be able to use fundamental object oriented principles such as classes, objects, methods, encapsulation, data hiding, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Understand and be able to use arrays.
- Understand and be able to use exception handling.
- Understand and be able to use recursion.
- Understand and be able to do concurrent (parallel) programming using Thread.